Hints, tips and general musings from the Berri team.
Getting the best out of your designer...
When you want to get the best out of your Designer it’s always a good start if you answer these questions, and take the info to them, it can really help streamline a project, saving money for you and time for the designer!
- Provide a short description of the product or services you or your company provide, this helps give your designer an idea on what your target market is.
- If you want a logo creating do you have a tagline you would like to use? Or more to the point if you don’t have a tagline have you considered developing one? They can be a really beneficial way of promoting your company.
- Do you have specific imagery or icons that you wish or do not wish to be used? For example some people want to stay well clear of industry stereotype when creating their branding.
- Do you have any colour preferences or any existing colours you want used in your project?
- What attributes of your business would you like your design project to reflect? E.g. modern, classic, edgy
- What is the overall message you want to convey to your target audience?
- Does an existing company’s branding / website appeal to you & why? It’s often beneficial to get together with your designer and look over the type of things that inspire you, it helps get a good idea on what direction to take the project. Remember it doesn’t necessarily have to be someone in your field.
- Who is your target market? Be very specific.
- Who are your main competitors? List their websites if possible.
- If your customer came away with just two thoughts about your business what would you want them to be?
Hopefully you should have a good idea about what you want to achieve from your project. Now you can begin the exciting work of getting started! If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in contact.